Grilled Peaches with Avocado and Green Onion Lime VinaigrettePosted by Prime Method on Sun, 06/23/2013 - 20:40
Guest Chef Thomas Snyder shares a delicious summer recipe with the Prime Method.
"This dish works perfect out on the back patio of our hot summer days. Kids screaming in the background while the adults relax and unwind over a perfect summer's barbecue.
The fresh sweetness of the peach gains some of that masculine smokiness when grilled and is cut by the fat of the avocado all brought together by the tangy ever so slightly spice of the vinaigrette.
I first came up with this dish in my mind it was late December. Not sure why but I must have beenlonging for those hot summer nights when we all wear a little less."
6 green onions, white part only
½ cup of chiffonade cilantro
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
Pinch of salt
Juice of 2 limes
½ cup of olive oil
- Score the peaches around the center and twist the peach in opposite directions to separate.
- Remove the pit with a small paring knife.
- On a very hot grill place the peach face down until the grill marks take and the peach releases from the grill without sticking.
- Turn the peach over and place on a cooler part of the grill and grill until you see the juices start to bubble out the side.
- Remove the peach from the grill and place on a serving plate, grill marks up
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed and skin
- Cut the avocado in quarters
- Place a quarter on top of each piece of grilled peach
Green onion and lime vinaigrette
- Clean the green onions by cutting off the hairy end and removing the outer layers
- Starting with the white part of the onion cut very thin on a bias up the onion until you have cut up to the green part of the onion
- Pick the cilantro and rinse. Allow to dry a on a paper towel.
- When dry bunch the cilantro with your hand and cut the leaves into strips with a sharp knife.
- Mix the cilantro, green onions, paprika, lime juice and olive oil.
- Season with a touch of salt
- Let sit for 30 minutes to allow the onions to soften in the lime juice
- Place a tablespoon of the green onion & lime vinaigrette on top of each avocado and serve